- Albrecht WA (1941) Plants and the Exchangeable Calcium of the Soil. American Journal of Botany 28, 394-402.
Cotching WE, Taylor L, Findlay S, Davies P, Bennett S, Brown R (2017) Soil nutrient concentrations and farm gate nutrient balances for dairy farm management in Tasmania. New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research 60, 216-221.
Fertiliser Australia (2022) Fertcare - What’s it all about?
- Gourley C, Melland A, Waller R, Awty I, Smith A, Peverill K, Hannah M (2007) Making better fertiliser decisions for grazed pastures in Australia. Victorian Government, Department of Primary Industries, Melbourne.
- Incitec Pivot Fertilisers (2021) Custom Blends. Available at:
- Kelling KA, Schulte EE, Peters JB (1996) One hundred years of Ca:Mg ratio research. New Horizons in Soil Science, Dept. of Soil Science, University of Wisconsin 8, 10p.
- Kopittke PM, Menzies NW (2007) A Review of the Use of the Basic Cation Saturation Ratio and the “Ideal” Soil. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 71, 259-265.
- Menasha S (2011) Growing Potatoes with Slow-release Nitrogen Fertiliser. Cornell Cooperative Extension, NY. Available at: http://www.hort.cornell.edu/expo/proceedings/2012/Potato/Potato%20Menasha.pdf
- Mokany K, Friend D, Kirkpatrick J, Gilfedder L (2006) Managing Tasmanian Native Pastures - a technical guide for graziers. Tasmanian Institute of Agricultural Research. Hobart.
- North Central Catchment Management Authority (2016) Soil Health Guide, North Central Victoria. Available at: https://www.nccma.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/publications/landcare_soils_guide_june_2016_web.pdf
- Palombi N, Blaesing DT (2023) Soil Test Interpretation Guide for Dryland Pastures in Tasmania. Tasmanian NRMs Soil Extension Program, delivered by NRM North, NRM South and Cradle Coast Authority through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Program.
- RMCG (2014) A Protocol for Monitoring Soil Condition and Soil Health in North Central Victoria. North Central Catchment Management Authority. Available at: file:///C:/Users/bill/Downloads/RMCG_Soil%20Condition%20Monitoring%20Protocol_NCCMA%20format.pdf
- Roberts TL (2007) Right Product, Right Rate, Right Time, and Right Place…the Foundation of BMPs for Fertilizer. Better Crops 91, 14-15.
- Rowlings D, Grace P, Armstrong R, Harris R, Wallace A, Schwenke G, Poole N (2016) Nitrogen fertiliser just where does it all go? Available at: https://grdc.com.au/resources-and-publications/grdc-update-papers/tab-content/grdc-update-papers/2016/08/nitrogen-fertiliser-just-where-does-it-all-go
- Schonbeck M (2000) Balancing soil nutrients in organic vegetable production systems: Testing Albrecht’s base saturation theory in southeastern soils. Organic Farming Res. Found. Inf. Bull. 10:17
- Sinclair TR (1998) Limits to Crop Yield. NAS Colloquium Plants and Population: is there time? 5- 6 December 1998, University of California, Irvine.
- Watson C, Walker R, Stockdale E (2008) Research in organic production systems – past, present and future. The Journal of Agricultural Science, 146(1) 1-19.